Please contact Cindy Chaves at email@example.com regarding career opportunities.
Open Positions: Staff Accountant
Lyme is growing its accounting department with a new Staff Accountant position. Based in downtown Hanover, NH, the Staff Accountant will have responsibilities for various accounting functions, including general ledger and account reconciliations of portfolio company investments, including investments in timberland, and mitigation banks; quarterly financial statements; audit and tax work papers; and various performance reports. The position will offer challenging, multi-company accounting work with an established team in a fast-paced work environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and portfolio company managers
- Analyze information by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information
- Prepare payments and entries not booked by portfolio company accounting staff by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Provide accounting support for senior staff by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Review reconciliations to ensure that they are prepared properly and follow-up on any unusual items
- Assist in preparing tax and GAAP audit work papers.
- Assist with special projects and administrative tasks
- 1-2 years of general ledger accounting experience
- Experience preparing internal financial statements
- Experience in a multiple company environment, preferably with consolidations
- Strong quantitative skills, including high proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated initiative and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player with a positive can-do attitude and desire to be part of a close-knit group operating in a dynamic and challenging work environment
Please send cover letter and resume to: The Lyme Timber Company LP; 23 South Main Street, Suite 3A; Hanover, New Hampshire 03755; firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment in this position is contingent upon, consent to, and successful completion of a pre-employment background check. Lyme provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.